Attorney Tyson Daniel is a trial lawyer and founder of Virginia Hemp Lawyers™, where he provides legal counsel for cannabis business owners in business law matters and representation for cannabis-related criminal defense charges.
His cannabis business law practice provides legal guidance for regulations involving:
- Land use and zoning
- Soil testing
- Manufacturing and processing
- Marketing and wholesale distribution
Because marijuana is not fully legal in Virginia, cannabis business owners – namely, companies in Virginia’s hemp industry – may be charged with crimes related to their business. Tyson provides these legitimate and lawful business owners with a solid chance at countering their charges by applying his experience as a criminal defense attorney.
In addition to Virginia Hemp Lawyers™, Tyson is founder of The Daniel Law Firm PC, a full-service law firm in Roanoke, Virginia. In addition to his Cannabis and Hemp practice, Tyson’s work includes litigation on behalf of defendants in criminal cases and serious traffic offenses, as well as plaintiffs in personal injury matters. Other attorneys in the merging firm handle family law, bankruptcy, elder law and real estate matters.
He previously served as Senior Assistance Capital Defender with the Capital Defense Unit for the Western District of Virginia. During his time on this team, Tyson advocated for defendants in numerous capital murder cases at the Circuit Court [trial court] level. All cases involving the CDU were those where the death penalty was a possible sentence.
Beyond his legal career, Tyson retains interests in privately held companies such as a distillery, a hemp company in Colorado, and another business that produces a non-toxic disinfectant more powerful than bleach.
- Virginia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Roanoke City Bar Association
- Roanoke County/Salem Bar Association
- Named among the “40 under 40” by Roanoke Business Magazine
- Selected by his peers for Legal Elite in Virginia Business Magazine
- Selected by his peers as a 2019-20 SuperLawyer